Junior Summer Camp 2023
Friday 20th - Monday 23rd January
Camp Quaranup, Albany
OWA is organising a summer orienteering camp with accommodation at Camp Quaranup, Albany. A team of OWA coaches will lead activities on site and nearby Albany sprint ‘O’ maps for three days and three nights towards the end of the January School holidays.
We are looking for young people who enjoy orienteering, want to learn more about it and have a fun time with other young people.
- The camp will start at 3.00pm Friday 20th January, and will finish at 10.00am, Monday 23rd January at Camp Quaranup, Albany.
- Parents are expected to transport their children to/from the camp. If this is not possible please indicate this on the registration form and we will try to find alternative transport.
- The camp is subsidised by OWA so will only cost $100 per junior orienteer. This includes accommodation, meals and activities.
- The camp is open to anyone aged from 9 to 19 years who has participated in at least one bush event or Navdash event in addition to any school events and is a full OWA member. Casual members will be charged the cost of junior membership ($30) in addition to camp fees, i.e. you will become a junior member of OWA.
- Camp Quaranup was established as the Commonwealth Quarantine Station on the Vancouver Peninsula in 1875. It is now operated by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries who took over the site in 2013.
- Camp Q has several beaches so there will be supervised swimming, if weather is suitable. So please bring bathers and beach towel.
Entries are now open!
Photos: From previous summer camps in Albany, by Rob West.