We have organised an orienteering camp with accommodation at Kerem Adventure Camp, Bullsbrook, and activities on site and nearby ‘O’ maps for two days and two nights at the start of the July School holidays. These will be led by our Coach-in-Residence, Michal Hubacek.
- We are looking for young people who enjoy orienteering, want to learn more about it and have a fun time with other young people.
- The camp will start at 10.30am Saturday 6 th July 2019 at Camp Kerem. Parents are to bring their child to this location. If this is not possible please indicate this on the registration form and we will try to find alternative transport.
- Activities will include participation in the Red Hill event near Jane Brook on Sunday 7th (see OWA event page for further details). Participants will be transported to and from the event by bus. Parents are encouraged to join us on the day.
- The camp will finish at 10.30am, Monday 8th July at Camp Kerem. Parents are asked to pick up their children from this site. Again, if this is impossible please indicate this on the registration form.
- The camp is subsidised by OWA so will only cost $100 per junior orienteer. This includes accommodation, meals and activities.
- The camp is open to anyone aged from 10 to 17 years who has participated in at least one bush event or Navdash event in addition to any school events and is an OWA full member. If you are a casual member and want to come you will be charged the cost of junior membership ($40) in addition to camp fees, i.e. you will become a junior member of OWA.
- Note: Although Kerem Adventure Camp has a pool, there will be no water-based activities. We will, however, be making use of their indoor recreation area, frisbee golf, permanent orienteering course and camp fire.
What YOU must do: Registration is now closed!
- Complete the Registration Form and mail to:
OWA Juniors’ Camp
Attention: Rob West
PO Box 234 Subiaco WA 6904
- Complete your entry and pay the fees through Eventor:
Campsite Location: 100 Kirby Rd., Bullsbrook, WA (near The Maze)
Mobile: 0403 424 894
For further information about the camp site see:
☐ Plastic drink bottle
☐ Orienteering clothes (old shoes, long pants, shirt)
☐ 2 pairs of shoes (One old pair that may become wet)
☐ Hat, Rainjacket and jumper
☐ Socks and Jocks
☐ Torch with a set of spare batteries
☐ Personal First Aid Kit
☐ Whistle; clear plastic bag suitable for A-4 map
☐ Plastic bag/s for dirty clothing
☐ Insect repellent
☐ O-Kit (compass, highlighters, pencils, coloured pencils)
☐ Draughts, Cards, Scrabble, Chess (Please don't bring personal music players as they are unsociable, damageable and lose-able and you won't have time to listen to them)
☐ Personal toiletries (Soap, comb, face washer, toothbrush, Sunscreen) and old bath towel
☐ Medication (if applicable) - labelled and with clear instructions concerning use
☐ Sleeping requirements, e.g. pillow, fitted sheet, sleeping bag or second sheet and blankets. Note: No bedding is provided!
☐ We ask that mobile phones brought to camp be handed to staff in a labelled, self-seal plastic bag. If messages are received, the phone will be returned temporarily to the owner.
To download a copy of this info, print the flyer here.